Sunday, December 31, 2017

Reading List - 2018

I don't normally do New Year Resolutions, but during the Christmas break I was reading numerous articles on LinkedIn, I've always enjoyed Linkedin, with it's career connections and articles. However, I also realized how much wasted time I spent on Facebook and Twitter, so because it's that time of year, I am calling this my "New Year's Resolution": Spend more time bettering myself and my career

First up, purchase a kindle and I got a great deal. I wasn't looking for two kindles, but when I saw Amazon had a special deal, buy two kindles get $60 off, I couldn't pass the opportunity to gain some bonus points with my wife. Her kindle is a few years old and only 6gb, so I was able to get two Kindle Fire HD 8's for $99.

Create a list of books to read and afterwards write a review. I am sure this list will continue to grow, but for starters and in no particular order:

Hit Refresh, Microsoft CEO, Satya Nadella 

Business Adventures, John Brooks  

Mindset, Carol Dweck 

The Better Angels of Our Nature, Steven Pinker 

The Innovators, Walter Isaccson 

Hackers: Heroes of the Computer Revolution, Steven Levy 

The Four: The Hidden DNA of Amazon, Apple, Facebook, and Google, Scott Galloway

Not a book, but... Oracle E-Business Suite Architecture

Leave any book recommendations in the comments.


No comments: