Thursday, November 02, 2017

Oracle Open World and PASS Summit

A little less than a month ago I attended Oracle Open World in San Francisco. It's been a few years since I last attended the conference. Although San Francisco seems to have changed the conference has stayed the same. Numerous days of sessions that are very informative. As I felt the last time I attended, many of the sessions seem like marketing sessions, this isn't a bad thing, just different. I did really enjoy some sessions dealing with Oracle EBS, Oracle Cloud and DBA topics. One session "Navigating your DBA Career in the Oracle Cloud" by Craig Shallahamer from orapub.com was very eye opening. Enough so, that I have started to look more closely at my future.

PASS Summit is going on right now and unfortunately, I am not in attendance. However, thanks to PASSTV, I have been able to watch numerous days worth of keynotes and sessions. This is definitely a conference that I would like to attend in the future. I know a good amount of people that attend every year and love this conference.

No comments: